Exceptional GP ED / VMO and ED Roles
Our partnership with the Western New South Wales Local Health District gives us exclusive responsibility of the Emergency Department roster at the Cowra Health Service. Additionally, we have 24/7 management of one roster line at the Mudgee Health service where we are committed to providing one doctor per day.
Cowra Health Service has 24 inpatient beds, a maternity ward, operating theatres, 24-hour emergency department, ambulatory care and oncology ward, X-ray and pathology departments. It also has a large community health service. Critical patients are transferred to Orange Health Service just over an hour away.
Mudgee Health Service has a 5-bed Emergency department with a doctor available to attend onsite. Virtual care is available 24/7 through the use of vCare camera system ensuring all unwell patients can receive emergency care after hours. The hospital has a general ward that caters for Medical and Surgical patients with a capacity of 16 beds with surge capacity to 23 beds. The Maternity Unit has two birthing rooms and a capacity of eight beds providing care for well women, higher risk pregnancies are referred to Dubbo Health Service or other appropriate facilities according to patient needs.
- Permanent/fixed-term work at competitive locum rates;
- Job security with options of FIFO or relocation assistance if desired;
- Flexible locum rosters;
- Work in modern, well-supported facilities;
- Build on your evolving skill set and increased professional satisfaction;
- Share your skills and knowledge to deliver services in settings such as ambulatory care, home, hospital, retrieval and long-term residential care facilities;
- Function with a high degree of independence;
- A rare opportunity to really ‘see’ Australia without the urban lens;
- A quality of work-life balance that is unique to rural and remote environments;
- Full support by our team of experts to match you to the right role and assist you with credentialing requirements, travel, and accommodation.
If you are an ED doctor or GP with ED skills, have full AHPRA registration and a passion for regional and rural medicine, contact Naomie Rapira on 0498 441 118 for a no-obligation discussion. Alternatively, register your interest with us online.