- $17,400 plus GST per week ($2400 Sun-Thurs, $2700 Fri-Sat)
- Maintain a permanent role at locum rates!
- Travel, accommodation and car provided
This 32-bed hospital is seeking an enthusiastic CMO to help in their 3-bed emergency department (with approx 800 presentations per month). The clinic requires someone who is comfortable to work as the sole ED Doctor and able to work with a Fly In - Fly Out (FIFO) roster.
Shifts details are
- 3.30pm-6pm cover ED (although doctor is usually required in ED until around 10pm)
- 6pm-7.30am Mon-Fri on-call
- 7.30am-3.30pm Mon-Fri is time off duty
- Oncall Sat/Sun or, when an additional doctor is available there are two shifts (day/night) with no oncall requirement
- Specialist support/backup is available on call
Alongside their ED, Cowra Health Service is also made up of 20 General Medical/ Surgical beds, 4 High Dependency Monitored beds, and 5 Obstetric beds (with approx 150 deliveries annually). The frequency of the FIFO visits may be negotiated and we have opportunities for short term or ad-hoc locums. With the roster starting and and finishing at 3.30 pm, travel can often occur on the same day, reducing your time away from home.
Cowra is a charming town near Orange in the beautiful Lachlan Valley, surrounded by vineyards and stunning waterways and boasting quality restaurants, galleries, and boutique shops. With its rich history, Cowra is known for being a prisoner of war camp during WWII. The public identity of the town has been significantly influenced by the 1944 Cowra breakout, in which 378 Japanese war prisoners attempted to escape a local camp. This saw deep and developing associations with Japan, with the Japanese cemetery and garden, the Sakura walk, and the World Peace Bell remaining permanent reminders of the town's history.
To be eligible for this position, you must have
- Full AHPRA registration
- Australian working rights
- PGY5+ with extensive emergency medicine experience
If this sounds like something you would be interested in contact Naomie Rapira on +61 498441118 or [email protected] and quote job reference number JREF-104732.
Perhaps you are looking for something a little different?
We have plenty more roles available so do get in touch so we can furnish you with more relevant opportunities.